Allied Global Marketing is a leading full-service entertainment, culture, and lifestyle-marketing agency. We build strategic campaigns for a diverse range of clients that connect audiences with experiences they love. Our team of experts captures the unique energy of each project with customized strategies that deliver on-target messaging and drive bottom-line results. An integrated approach is supported by our on-the-ground network of 24 offices and over 500 colleagues across the globe, providing resources and relationships that our partners and clients know and trust.
The Account Coordinator will be charged with understanding the full scope of accounts – from ideation to execution and analysis — and be responsible for reporting up through a variety of team members at any given time within the agency’s National Publicity structure. While the position will be based in Las Vegas, Nevada, account work will extend to client locations across the country as needed.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Drafting client-facing and media-facing documents
- Attending and taking internal and external notes during meetings and conference calls
- Staffing photoshoots and press/influencer opportunities; contributing to and executing against timelines and communications plans
- Tracking and powerfully reporting on all earned coverage while demonstrating a commitment and ability to develop his/her position as required by the needs of the team and our clients
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism preferred
- 1-2 years professional experience in an agency and/or corporate setting, preferably in public relations with relevant experience within hospitality and entertainment industries.
- Strong media and influencer contacts in Las Vegas, NV.
- Keen understanding of the Las Vegas media market – content creators, radio, broadcast, digital, and print publications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and service-oriented, taking the initiative to start projects unprompted and ask questions about the “why” behind the task
- Comfortable working remotely with regular weekly in-person check-ins
- Independent, creative self-starter who wants to learn and evolve
- Detail oriented with an ability to keep track of many moving parts while still maintaining an understanding of the big picture goals for a campaign, client, or story
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage and execute multiple projects for a large roster of clients, priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others on both the staff and client side, open to constructive coaching from all senior level executives
- Professional experience and personal interest in the hospitality and entertainment industries preferred.
- Intrinsically open and flexible to address, resolve, and optimize situations
- Flexible schedule allowing some work on nights and weekends as needed
- Tech Savvy. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Apple’s suite of products preferred. Understand the nuances of social media with a grasp of what makes YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok relevant as part of a total earned media solution
- Working knowledge of or willingness to quickly learn industry platforms such as Muck Rack, TV Eyes, Coverage Book, PR Newswire/PRWeb and organizational tools such as SmallPDF.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to get around as needed for client meetings, staffing, etc.
- Develop trust and respect from clients and Allied’s executive team and other colleagues by demonstrating sound business judgment, writing skills and interpersonal skills with clients, associates, colleagues, and media
- Always maintain professional conduct, even in social situations (this includes social media posting if your account is not privately locked)
- Showcase an interest in developing communication, leadership, and creative thinking skills beyond the workplace (via workshops, blogs, podcasts, books, etc.)
- Demonstrate ability to stay up to date on industry news, taking the time to routinely read food and beverage + travel/hospitality outlets as well as staying informed about recent changes to all forms of media
- Continually develop internal and external communication skills, gain industry expertise, and demonstrate independent problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Practice honesty, integrity and transparency with colleagues, media, influencers, clients, and other business associates that are met throughout the course of this position
- Work with Allied’s executive team to manage existing workload while always wanting additional challenges and opportunities
- Participate in yearly staff evaluations and annual goal setting overviews/development planning
- Communicate with his/her direct report on a regular basis about individual performance, key learnings and growth
- Develop/encourage a spirit of teamwork and high morale
What we offer:
- This position will be eligible to participate in the standard benefits offered to full-time employees of Allied Global Marketing (medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance as well as 401k and PTO). We also offer 10 company paid holidays.
Allied Global Marketing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.