Allied Global Marketing is a leading full-service entertainment, culture, and lifestyle-marketing agency. We build strategic campaigns for a diverse range of clients that connect audiences with experiences they love. Our team of experts captures the unique energy of each project with customized strategies that deliver on-target messaging and drive bottom-line results. An integrated approach is supported by our on-the-ground network of 24 offices and over 500 colleagues across the globe, providing resources and relationships that our partners and clients know and trust.
Allied Global Marketing is hiring an Account Coordinator or Jr. Account Executive in our Washington, D.C. office.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, creative and strategic thinker that will support marketing and promotional campaigns in the Washington, D.C. office of a leading, national agency. Crafting innovative events and executing flawless campaigns for clients in the entertainment industry is a daily standard, along with social media and relationship marketing. If you thrive in a creative, fast-paced agency environment and love entertainment, we want to hear from you!
Marketing & Promotional Responsibilities:
- Assist with local events, screenings, and press tours for major and independent film and television releases, live theater shows, and more.
- Secure partnerships with third party companies such as retailers and bars/clubs to create exciting and targeted events.
- Organize grassroots and word-of mouth activity at high traffic festivals and events.
- Create detailed reports featuring on-site photos and social media support of various efforts.
- Negotiate trade partnerships with television, radio, print and online partners for coverage.
- Research and maintain database for various grassroots partners, word-of-mouth organizations media and influencers.
- Research and develop relationships with new promotional and word-of-mouth partners.
Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Assist with talent interviews, press tours and publicity stunts.
- Create social media initiatives that complement campaigns and drive awareness online.
- Develop and maintain relationships with bloggers/influencers and college press.
- Monitor media outlets and submit press breaks to clients.
General Responsibilities include:
- Assist with general office duties – phones, mail, supplies, deliveries, equipment, etc.
- Help to manage daily office intern activities & responsibilities.
- Prepare and ship materials as needed for client needs.
- Transport materials/supplies as needed for grassroots events and press days.
- 1+ years full time or relevant intern experience, preferably in the entertainment industry
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications or public relations preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of clients and projects at the same time
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills to effectively influence press, promo partners, general public audience and all levels of internal staff
- Weekend and evening availability to work events
- Interest in the latest platforms, apps, influencers and trends in social media
- Knowledge of local area including media outlets, events and organizations
- Experience and interest in multi-cultural or African-American focused marketing is a plus, but not required
- Vaccination against Covid-19 is a requirement for this role
- This position will be eligible to participate in the standard benefits offered to full-time employees of Allied Global Marketing (medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance as well as 401k and PTO). We also offer 10 company paid holidays.
- Important Note: While Allied integrates the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in everyday business, we prohibit the use of AI and passing it off as original pieces of work. If AI is used for any assignments within the interview process, you will no longer be considered for the role.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS BASED IN OUR WASHINGTON, D.C. OFFICE AND REQUIRES SOME NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAY WORK BASED ON FILM RELEASES, EVENTS AND THE NEEDS OF CLIENTS.
Allied Global Marketing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.