Allied Global Marketing is a leading full-service entertainment, culture, and lifestyle-marketing agency. We build strategic campaigns for a diverse range of clients that connect audiences with experiences they love. Our team of experts captures the unique energy of each project with customized strategies that deliver on-target messaging and drive bottom-line results. An integrated approach is supported by our on-the-ground network of 24 offices and over 500 colleagues across the globe, providing resources and relationships that our partners and clients know and trust.
Our Los Angeles office is looking for a Jr. Media Buyer to join our team.
- Because we understand consumers and how they engage with media, we take a strategic non-biased approach to media planning and buying and have a culture that embraces both emerging and traditional media.
- Our media teams are specialists at expanding reach and frequency, leveraging paid media dollars to generate added-value, and designing campaigns that deliver true ROI.
- We provide a range of research, planning, and buying services across all platforms, including broadcast, print, out-of-home, experiential, direct response, digital and mobile.
JOB REQUISITES AND OVERVIEW
- The Media Assistant is responsible for all administrative facets related to media planning, research, and buying.
- This position also provides administrative support, monitors media-related activities, and generates reports and spreadsheets on a scheduled basis.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is a must.
ESSENTIAL Duties and Responsibilities
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABLIITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THE JOB
- Strong negotiating skills
- Familiarity with key resources/indicators in the industry such as Nielsen, Abritron, and Scarborough ratings/data
- Experience placing/ negotiating local TV and radio campaigns
- Experience negotiating print/ outdoor/ digital campaigns is a plus
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build solid working relationships with teammates and an array of vendors
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to perform in a very fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience using Strata/ Freewheel or other industry software
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Major in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications preferred
- 1-year minimum experience required- Media Buying or Assistant Media Buying
Allied Global Marketing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.