Allied Global Marketing is a leading full-service entertainment, culture, and lifestyle-marketing agency. We build strategic campaigns for a diverse range of clients that connect audiences with experiences they love. Our team of experts captures the unique energy of each project with customized strategies that deliver on-target messaging and drive bottom-line results. An integrated approach is supported by our on-the-ground network of 24 offices and over 500 colleagues across the globe, providing resources and relationships that our partners and clients know and trust.
JOB REQUISITES AND OVERVIEW
The Strategist will act as an Account Manager to lead on full-service agency accounts. The primary role of this position is to run projects independently and provide additional support for our Client Services team, which oversees accounts and strategy for clients utilizing two or more service lines. The job entails managing a wide range of marketing processes, teams, and projects related to daily operations across a variety of clients.
The successful candidate should have experience and/or interest in multicultural marketing targeting African American audiences, as well as general market experience.
This position is based in our Los Angeles office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as main client contact including:
- Daily point of communication
- Planning and leading weekly status calls
- Develop a specific marketing strategy based on the client’s overall objectives
- Oversee all efforts related to client operations including:
- Overall strategy direction and oversight, client goals, and KPIs
- Coordinating with all agency solution lines across Paid, Earned and Owned tactics
- Billing efforts including invoicing, settlements, reconciliation, etc.
- Campaign and sales tracking
- Reporting and insights
- Research marketing and general industry trends
- Implement new and manage existing project management/tracking system for documenting and tracking activity
- Report regularly to supervisor & clients on current work and progress
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THE JOB
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Working knowledge of agency solution lines across Paid, Earned and Owned tactics
- Effective understanding of media and latest technologies, ability to apply them in marketing endeavors
- Willingness to share creative and innovative thoughts with team members and clients
- Great ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and multi-step procedures autonomously
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to operate under solid pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint a plus
- Effective project management skills
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Budgeting and expense reporting skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a marketing role
- BS/BA degree preferred or relevant experience
Allied Global Marketing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.