Allied Global Marketing is a leading full-service entertainment, culture, and lifestyle-marketing agency. We build strategic campaigns for a diverse range of clients that connect audiences with experiences they love. Our team of experts captures the unique energy of each project with customized strategies that deliver on-target messaging and drive bottom-line results. An integrated approach is supported by our on-the-ground network of 24 offices and over 500 colleagues across the globe, providing resources and relationships that our partners and clients know and trust.
We are seeking an independent contractor based in South Korea to plan and execute media buys on behalf of our US-based tourism client targeting the South Korean market.
About the role:
This position will be responsible for development and execution of advertising plans in both digital and traditional media channels, including, but not limited to, paid social, paid search, display, online video, outdoors and TV.
This position requires a highly organised individual who works well remotely as part of a team in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. This individual is expected to be resourceful, responsible, and to demonstrate initiative and innovation.
This is a part-time, remote role. Compensation will be paid per the media plan and buys executed for our client. There is potential for an ongoing relationship and additional clients over time for the right candidate.
- Collaborate on marketing strategy development with internal team.
- Establish and maintain positive vendor and internal relationships.
- Develop comprehensive media strategies and plans to reach the client's target audience in South Korea across digital and traditional media channels.
- Identify target audiences and their characteristics, behaviours, and media consumption habits.
- Negotiate and purchase ad placements with major media companies and platforms in South Korea. This includes managing relationships, conducting research on audiences and costs, and optimising plans.
- Monitor campaign performance and make optimisations to achieve the client's key performance indicators. Provide regular reporting on results, insights, and recommendations.
- Handle execution of digital media campaigns from creation to completion.
- Work directly in advertising platforms including Campaign Manager, Meta, Google Ads, Naver, Kakao Ads, and more.
- Maintain media plans, budgets, and insertion orders.
- Research and analyse data using internal and external data sets.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in digital and traditional media in South Korea.
- Maintain a robust network of media contacts and partnerships.
- Evaluation of media campaign effectiveness to inform future campaigns.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- 3-5 years’ experience planning and buying media campaigns in South Korea, especially digital media. Deep knowledge of the media landscape, key players, costs, and contracts.
- Proficiency in both digital and traditional media.
- Previous experience at a media agency.
- Fluency in both Korean and English, and strong communication skills to interface with both our Sydney and US-based teams, as well as media representatives in South Korea.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful integrated media campaigns. Case studies or samples of media plans and buys may be requested.
- Ideally, experience across travel, tourism and lifestyle industries.
- Ability to work independently while also collaborating remotely with our Sydney and US-based account and media teams. Comfortable with online collaboration tools.
- Excellent, non-adversarial negotiation and relationship management skills. Able to find and negotiate competitive opportunities with major media companies in South Korea.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Confidence in advising teams on campaign performance and setting KPIs and goals.
- Proficiency with digital marketing platforms, ad servers, and analytics tools. In particular, Meta Ads Manager, the Google Advertising Suite (AdWords, YouTube, etc.), local platforms, DSPs, and Google Campaign Manager.
- Understanding of data and analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field preferred.
Allied Global Marketing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.