Allied Global Marketing is a leading full-service entertainment, culture, and lifestyle-marketing agency. We build strategic campaigns for a diverse range of clients that connect audiences with experiences they love. Our team of experts captures the unique energy of each project with customized strategies that deliver on-target messaging and drive bottom-line results. An integrated approach is supported by our on-the-ground network of 24 offices and over 500 colleagues across the globe, providing resources and relationships that our partners and clients know and trust.
The Senior Account Executive should be a well-seasoned and well-rounded publicist, comfortable pitching story placement within the agency’s various hospitality/lifestyle/entertainment clients. The primary accounts this position will service are based in the greater Los Angeles area, but accounts could move geographically as a new business is added. While this position is currently a hybrid one that allows work-from-home, we do want the candidate living in the greater Los Angeles area.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Creating client-facing and media-facing documents
- Media and influencer outreach for story placement and content creation opportunities
- Attending and taking detailed notes during meetings and conference calls
- Staffing photoshoots and press/influencer opportunities
- Contributing to and executing against timelines and communications plans
- Tracking and powerfully reporting on all earned coverage
- Assisting with new business creation materials when necessary
- Creating media briefing documents for clients, executives, etc.
- Demonstrating a commitment and ability to develop his/her position as required by the needs of the team and our client
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism preferred
- 5+ years professional experience in an agency and/or corporate setting, preferably in public relations with relevant experience within hospitality and entertainment industries.
- Strong media and influencer contacts within the Los Angeles media market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and service-oriented
- Comfort working remotely with regular weekly in-person check-ins
- Independent, creative self-starter who wants to learn and evolve
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage and execute multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others on both the staff and client-side, open to constructive coaching from all senior-level executives
- Professional experience and personal interest in the hospitality and entertainment industries are preferred.
- Intrinsically open and flexible to address, resolve, and optimize situations
- Flexible schedule allowing some work on nights and weekends as needed
- Tech Savvy. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Apple’s suite of products preferred. Understand the nuances of social media with a grasp of what makes YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok relevant as part of a total earned media solution
- Develop trust and respect from clients and Allied’s executive team and other colleagues by demonstrating sound business judgment, writing skills, and interpersonal skills with clients, associates, colleagues, and media
- Always maintain professional conduct, even in social situations (this includes social media posting if your account is not privately locked)
- Showcase an interest in developing communication, leadership, and creative thinking skills beyond the workplace (via workshops, blogs, podcasts, books, etc.)
- Continually develop internal and external communication skills, gain industry expertise, and demonstrate independent problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Practice honesty, integrity, and transparency with colleagues, media, influencers, clients, and other business associates that are met throughout the course of this position
- Work with Allied’s executive team to manage existing workload while always wanting to Participate in yearly staff evaluations and annual goal setting overviews/development planning
- Communicate with his/her direct report on a regular basis about individual performance, key learnings, and growth
- Develop/encourage a spirit of teamwork and high morale
Allied Global Marketing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.