Allied Global Marketing is a leading full-service entertainment, culture, and lifestyle-marketing agency. We build strategic campaigns for a diverse range of clients that connect audiences with experiences they love. Our team of experts captures the unique energy of each project with customized strategies that deliver on-target messaging and drive bottom-line results. An integrated approach is supported by our on-the-ground network of 24 offices and over 500 colleagues across the globe, providing resources and relationships that our partners and clients know and trust.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ALLIED GLOBAL MARKETING is an integrated marketing agency working with the world's largest entertainment, sports, consumer, and lifestyle brands, including 80+ Broadway shows over 25 years. Current tours: Ain’t Too Proud; Back to the Future; Beetlejuice; The Book of Mormon; Funny Girl; Hadestown; The Hip Hop Nutcracker; The Kite Runner, Mamma Mia!; Mean Girls; Mrs. Doubtfire; Pretty Woman; Wheel of Fortune LIVE!; A Wonderful World. Upcoming tours: Some Like It Hot; New York, New York.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The Marketing & Press Intern will gain experience in press, marketing, and advertising for national touring productions. This internship is paid or is eligible for class credit, and a minimum of 15 hours per week is preferred. Please note on your application the number of hours you are available to work.
This is a hybrid internship requiring onsite work as well as remote work within either our New York City or Chicago offices.
- Research and prepare press clippings for select Allied shows
- Assist with the creation of and maintain marketing and press trackers for select Allied shows, detailing marketing figures and press events for that specific show across the country
- Attend marketing and press calls with different cities to understand those relationships and the difference in the process for each specific show and city
- Participate in brainstorm sessions for upcoming tours with regards to target audiences, suggested media mixes, creative assets, marketing and press strategies
- Proof read Playbills, press releases, media guides, and marketing guides
- Manage edits on specific show websites
- Ensure cities are maintaining the brand of a certain show by frequently checking their websites and social channels for updated production photos, copy, and logo usage
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Acceptance of college credit (not required)
- Personable and detail oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Knowledge of current social media platforms and trends
- Skilled in proof reading and editing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Background in communications, journalism, marketing, and/or advertising
- Background in or demonstrated desire to learn theatre management and business
Start Date: June 2024
End Date: August 2024 (flexible based on school schedule)
Location: Ideally based in New York City or Chicago as this will be a hybrid position with remote work. Please state in your application where you intend on being this Summer.
Rate of pay: $16.00/hour
Allied Global Marketing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.