Allied Global Marketing is a leading full-service entertainment, culture, and lifestyle-marketing agency. We build strategic campaigns for a diverse range of clients that connect audiences with experiences they love. Our team of experts captures the unique energy of each project with customized strategies that deliver on-target messaging and drive bottom-line results. An integrated approach is supported by our on-the-ground network of 24 offices and over 500 colleagues across the globe, providing resources and relationships that our partners and clients know and trust.
The Media Buyer/Planner is responsible for the planning of all media for existing clients and new business, in addition to researching, developing, and presenting media plans and media buying. The Media Buyer/ Planner will purchase media space for multiple clients, including television, radio, outdoor, and print media. The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is a must.
The ideal candidate is located in the Atlanta area. This role is remote, but may transition into a hybrid role working 2 days a week from out Atlanta office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches develop and plan media for specified clients.
- Presents media plans to account management personnel and clients.
- Gathers organizes and presents competitive research and spending data.
- Works hand-in-hand with the Account Service team.
- Maintains effective relationships with clients and co-op personnel.
- Requests television and radio avail from station representatives.
- Generates initial rating estimates utilizing Nielsen data, through SRATA/ FreeWheel.
- Negotiates lower rates, special time parameters, value-added sponsorships and promotions and, in many instances, justifies the rating estimates.
- Approves make goods if the station does not run a spot as ordered or the spots get preempted.
- Decide if the makegoods being offered are as advantageous as the spots originally ordered.
- Analyzes and writes a rationale for any over or under deliveries, especially if the achievement index falls outside the 90 – 110 range.
- Assists in training Media Assistants in radio and television buying.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THE JOB
- 2-4 years of traditional media buying experience required
- Strong negotiating skills
- Familiarity with key resources/indicators in the industry such as Nielsen and Scarborough ratings/data
- Knowledge of local/spot market media planning/buying
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build solid working relationships with teammates and an array of vendors
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to perform in a very fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience using STRATA or other industry software
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Major in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- This position will be eligible to participate in the standard benefits offered to full-time employees of Allied Global Marketing (medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance as well as 401k and PTO). We also offer 10 company paid holidays.
Allied Global Marketing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.